Hi, I’m Nahla.👋
Thanks for stopping by and welcome to my digital portfolio.
Since 2015 I’ve been working with
enterprise clients around the world
developing RegTech protocols
and best practices.
I’ve worked both enterprise side
and with sovereign governments acting as a key contributor for notable public projects like DCOM.
I’ve taken a less active role in
compliance consulting and star ted sharing my insights .
What Do I Bring On The Table?
Over 5 years of compliance expertise.
I’ve worked on large scale enterprise projects and build compliance teams at multiple Fortune 500 companies.
I’ve witnessed the growth of compliance from its nascent beginning.
I can explain complex topics in an accesible way
for lay readers as well as newer entrants to the compliance framework jungle.
As the industry evolves I can provide the latest information for SMBS looking to be 100% compliance friendly.
I work with a handful of companies writing
compliance specific content and more broadly
– training materials.
Whether you’re looking for
HIPAA best practices
geo targeted information
I can help create content that educates both your customers as well as your staff.
My writing work primarily focuses in the following areas:
- My technical writing work primarily focuses on user help guides, end user and software documentation, and technical marketing content. I strive to create accessible content that can explain complicated subjects in a way that’s easy for everyday people to understand.
- I’m no stranger to the highly technical subjects that I write about In my career as a software and compliance specialist, I gained experience developing and implementing compliance programs in accordance with state and federal laws, maintaining written documentation on business activities for my clients, and signing off on marketing and advertising collateral.
- Since I began freelance copywriting more than eight years ago, technical writing has been the bulk of my copywriting work. I am proud of the contributions I have made to sites like Oracle, AT&T, Fast Company, Blackberry, and Global Sign, among others (please refer to my Portfolio).
- Software documentation is the written text that accompanies your software products. It explains product functionality and any project-related information. One of the main purposes of software documentation, beyond explaining how to properly use the product, is to fill the gap that exists between engineers and stakeholders.
- I gained over seven years of experience as a software specialist while working with UpGuard and Collibra. Through my work I’ve earned an understanding of Secure Development Lifecycle Policies, defensive security constructions (including PKI, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, and software protection mechanisms), offensive security techniques (including reverse engineering and MITM attacks), and industry-standard technical risk evaluation skills.
- Writing documents with significant operational or regulatory implications is often a problem for companies. Many business managers tell me about the numerous problems they encounter with their compliance documents, including inadequate explanations of the material and technical deficiencies. If you’re encountering similar issues, I can come to your aid.
- The compliance documents and text I create will not only communicate the credibility and reputation for your organization, they will also help ensure the success of your company’s compliance and quality control functions.
- I am well qualified to write your compliance documents based on my working experience. While working on a contract-basis with Netflix, I was responsible for maintaining the certification required to operate USCENTCOM and USAFCENT Networks, vulnerability analysis, incident response and analysis, and maintaining IDS and IPS devices to ensure they were operating at their optimal efficiency.
Bio & Facts
I was born in Concourse, Bronx in 1987, and lived in spitting distance of Yankee Stadium.
Since as long as I could remember I was a geek.
My first computer was an old school Amiga(bonus points if you know what that is).
My first love was a Nintendo where I spent countless hours playing translated classics like Final Fantasy. Gaming eventually led me to the weird and wonderful world of anime.
At 18, I went to Clarkson University where I majored in computer science. Part time hobbies included running the astronomy club and helping run the local campus IT network. This was my first real experience running a larger network.. sort of like having a LAN gaming party but on a bigger scale.🤓
After my undergrad I completed a Master’s Degree in software engineering. During my studies I was lucky enough to get an internship at a local NYC company Vigilant Compliance which later became the start of my professional career. I eventually left Vigilant and moved to the bay area where I worked for a handful of companies building and managing compliance teams.
In 2020 I took a less active role in the industry to pursue a career on copywriting and professional consulting for SMBs.
Other than the fact I can write from my kitchen table in my pajamas, writing has always been a hobby of mine.
As I transitioned through my professional career I kept my writing passion alive mostly rambling on my now defunct Tumblr blog about US politics and technology.
Copywriting allows me to educate professionals looking for actionable and insightful content. It also provides me with flexibility of work and the freedom to travel without restrictive office time and meetings.
I get to live life on my terms and still provide maximum value to my clients.
Content Writing Plans and Pricing
A big part of what I do is writing to help online businesses grow their digital publications with informative and inspired content.
I can create accessible and actionable materials that help to explain complicated technical topics in a way that is easy for the ordinary person to digest.
Check out my pricing tiers below.
Regardless of the plan you choose, you’ll be working with an experienced and dedicated technical writer to help execute your content needs.
Includes everything included in Tier 1, in addition to:
Includes everything in Tier 1 and Tier 2, in addition to: